Citrus fruits contain a lot of potassium, vitamins, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and a lot more. Citrus fruits are incredibly beneficial, although on their own they fail to make a proper meal. Nevertheless, they exuberate with sugar so it is of high importance to consume them moderately for the purpose of keeping a balanced diet.
It is much harder to grow specific fruits rather than other, however, luckily, lemons can be effortlessly grown. By growing your own fruits, you will be able to spot the difference in quality and freshness, and will also you will be sure that you are eating fruits which are chemical-free and natural.
Lemons are incredibly practical, and they are one of the most beneficial fruits. Whether it is using the peel, squeezing them or adding them to your water, growing them is an awesome idea.
Grow Them like This
The best way to grow one is to buy a baby tree that happens to be 2 to 3 years old if you want to achieve the best results. You are going to need a huge plastic or clay pot that has many holes in the bottom. Put the baby tree inside the pot and place stones in the drainage container, this will prompt air flow. Afterwards, fill the pot with soil. In fact, there are types of soil especially favorable for growing citrus fruits, finding them will give you optimal results.
This is all you need to do to prepare it. Lemons require from 8 to 10 hours of sunlight a day and they should be watered regularly. Lemons need from 6 to 9 months to ripen.
To grow lemons you can also try planting seeds. In that case, these are the instructions:
- Buy an organic lemon, because the non-organic seeds are non-germinating seeds.
- You are going to require a fertile potting soil, one that incorporates natural fertilizers, perlite, vermiculite and peat.
- A pot for planting. It needs to be six inches deep and six wide.
- A pot for seedling. It needs to be 12 inches deep and 24 inches wide.
- Indoors location for growing, which is sunny. A grow lamp is also necessary.
Follow these rules:
- Water the potting soil. It has to be damp, but make certain that it is not soaked.
- Place soil in the smaller pot. Leave an inch of empty space below the rim.
- Take out the seeds from a lemon, and eliminate the pulp from the surface. It is a good idea to suck on it until it is clean.
- Plant it as soon as you can. The seed has to be planted about ½ inch in the pot.
- Use a spray bottle and spray the soil which is right over the seed.
- Cover the pot with a clear plastic wrap. Use a rubber band to seal the edges, and then poke small holes on the top.
- The pot has to be placed in direct sunlight and in a warm place.
- You need to water it on a regular basis. Make sure not to overwater it.
- Two weeks after the sprouting has begun, you have to remove the plastic wrap.
- Keeping the soil moist and making sure that your plant is exposed to 8 hours of light every day means that you are taking good care of it.
- Make sure that it is not attacked by diseases or bugs. Remove the dead, brown leaves when necessary.
- Once its original pot becomes small, transfer the plant in a larger pot.
Check Out How Mitchell Boyle Grows Lemons
Mitchel has a famous YouTube channel, where you can witness him growing various other plants. In the videos it is shown how you can grow everything you put your mind to, from pineapples, kiwis, avocados to bananas.
In the video below, you can watch how a lemon tree is grown.