Because of the reason that it provides more than 600 health benefits, turmeric has been appreciated and frequently used for millennia. Its effects are mostly an outcome of its active ingredient, curcumin that offers a wide specter of healing abilities.
The one thing you probably didn’t know by now is that it has the power to regenerate the brain. These are the most incredible benefits of this wondrous spice:
- Anti-cancer properties
- It lowers the risk of heart illnesses
- It has strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which prevent free radical damage
- It increases the serotonin and dopamine levels, which are neurotransmitters that prevent depression
- It makes the aging process slower and combats age-related conditions
- It increases the levels of the brain hormone BDNF, which prompts the spreading of new neurons and combats degenerative brain processes.
Nevertheless, experts have frequently disregarded one fat-soluble compound in turmeric, referred to as aromatic-turmerone.
German researches have analyzed its impact on neural stem cells and discovered that it increased the growth of neutral stem cells by 80 %, pointing out that it has healing properties.
Exposing rats to it, it was able to build brand new brain cells and increased the size of the subventricular zone and the hippocampus.
Ar-turmerone is a powerful regenerative which is helpful with NSCs in brain regeneration and the healing of degenerative illnesses like Alzheimer`s or stroke.
It distinguishes between stems cells and neurons and it endorses the proliferation of the stem cell which is the main ambition of regenerative medicine.
Thus, to enjoy all the benefits of this incredible spice, and feel its entire potential, you ought to use the entire turmeric, instead of just consuming a turmeric extract.